Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

newJLUguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Hi from west Tennessee - looking to buy my first Wrangler 2018 JLU as a late 40th birthday present. Really enjoying this forum - a big thanks to everyone who contributes. It helps make the waiting a little easier.
Sponsored

RSjeep30

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude, 2019 2 dr Rubicon Ocean Blue Metallic [Hoping to order 12/18]
Occupation
Structural Designer
Hello to all, been here for a few weeks now, figured i'd pop in and say hi. Excited like all of you for the JL to come out, couldn't resist not joining the forum. Hoping the JL will finally be the Wrangler I get. I've been trying for a while to get a Wrangler but stuff just didn't work out. Hoping the JL turns my luck around lol. Cheers to all!

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
Hello from another new guy!

My story: the first car I ever bought was a 1990 Sahara I drove off the showroom floor. Took the doors and top off it and left them off for the next two years. Then I met a girl. We were dating in Dallas a few years later. By July, she said she couldn't ride in the Jeep any longer without A/C. Well, I did the impossible and chose her over the Jeep. Don't hate me.

So 20+ years later, that girl (who is now my wife) has said it's time that I go back to my first love. That means after two decades of driving a Trooper II and a 4Runner, it's time to come home. Can't wait! It's been a long time coming and I'm just enjoying these forums the instant bond with my soon-to-be fellow Jeepers that I felt all those years ago.

Terex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2014 JGC Overland Diesel w/ ORII
I live in Taos, NM and have a '12 JK Rubicon and a '14 JGC Overland Diesel. We use the JGC to pull our VMI Offroad trailer. I'm looking at getting either a JLU Rubicon or Colorado ZR2 Diesel for a little more off road-ability pulling the trailer. The JK 2-dr. is a bit too small and under powered for that application. The JGC is my wife's daily driver and she loves it, and it's also a great over landing vehicle with up to 10.8" of clearance. Getting tired of waiting for a Wrangler diesel and that 2L engine sounds like vaporware. We'll see.
DSC01278.JPG
DSCN1441.JPG

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I see this site now has ads... hahaha. Not sure why they didn’t do that from the start, considering how manh clicks we’ve provided

Sponsored

eztarget

First Name
Ez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Sahara
Eztarget from Ithaca, NY. I currently own a 1997 Wrangler Sahara (I bought it new in Nov 1996). Before that I had a 1991 Wrangler and before that a 1983 CJ7 (which caught on fire and burned up LOL).

I've had 5 cars in my life but the last three since 1988 have all been JEEPS. I've owned my current JEEP Sahara for 21 years! It's still going strong but the winters up here are rough and it's finally losing the battle to the rust monster. I'm interested in the new 2018 Wrangler but not liking where they moved the turn signals to.

I'll always drive a JEEP but as I approach 50 I'm looking forward to heated seats, Navs, Bluetooth and other modern conveniences!

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Hi from Toronto Canada!

I've owned Jeeps since 1983 the first being a CJ5 with the AMC 304 V8 and currently an 86 CJ7 that I bought in 87. Have had a number of different vehicles over the years and would consider myself a car keeper. Our daily drivers were a 99 Saturn (wife's) and 00 Saturn (mine). She just upgraded to a brand new Ram pickup a month ago. I'm still soldiering on with my Saturn though I went in a totally different direction and picked up a used smart fortwo cabriolet since the wife said NO to another M/C.

Retired a few years ago after working for 25 years at a local paper. Not sure how I found time to work......

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
Good morning,

My name is Martin, I have owned two Wranglers, a '97 TJ and a '14 JKUR. My wife says that my love for my Wrangler was abnormal. I actually regret the day that I unloaded it to get a WK2 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk with a 5.7 ltr HEMI. I got the GC purely for towing purposes, and I really should have waited for the JL.

I am on the fence about the Scrambler, but the groundwork is set to trade the GC for the JL or the JT with a 3.0 Eco diesel after they hit the streets.

eztarget

First Name
Ez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Sahara
Hi from Toronto Canada!

I've owned Jeeps since 1983 the first being a CJ5 with the AMC 304 V8 and currently an 86 CJ7 that I bought in 87. Have had a number of different vehicles over the years and would consider myself a car keeper. Our daily drivers were a 99 Saturn (wife's) and 00 Saturn (mine). She just upgraded to a brand new Ram pickup a month ago. I'm still soldiering on with my Saturn though I went in a totally different direction and picked up a used smart fortwo cabriolet since the wife said NO to another M/C.

Retired a few years ago after working for 25 years at a local paper. Not sure how I found time to work......
Loving that Laredo! I reminds me so much of my very first 1983 CJ7! The AMC engines on those were a mess. Mine leaked gasoline one day onto the engine block in a parking lot and when I came out of a store the whole car was on fire! LOL. I have pictures of what's left of it somewhere that I'll dig up.

Sponsored

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Loving that Laredo! I reminds me so much of my very first 1983 CJ7! The AMC engines on those were a mess. Mine leaked gasoline one day onto the engine block in a parking lot and when I came out of a store the whole car was on fire! LOL. I have pictures of what's left of it somewhere that I'll dig up.
Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your CJ, yes those AMC engines are a real mess! I had to pull my dash apart yesterday to replace the speedometer cluster. While I had things apart I noticed the computer was from Ford, the distributor is GM and the ignition module is 'AMC'. Yeah these guys are a real dogs breakfast of parts seems AMC just picked whatever happened to be on the shelf at the time.

My fuel and temp gauges died on the CJ7 and the replacement gauges shorted and died as well. Finally just went and replaced the entire cluster and so far seems to be working. Oh and funny thing about that is when the gauges shorted it blew a fuse that killed the engine. I didn't initially figure this out and had CAA tow me home.

My CJ5 was actually on fire too, though in my case it was because the neighbours Exboyfriend decided to set their house on fire and that set the top of my Jeep on fire. Friends came running over banging on my door and I jumped in the Jeep and drove it out of the driveway just as the top caught fire. Luckily I keep fire extinguishers in all my vehicles and a buddy put out the fire as I was flying out the driveway. The top was toast as was the interior but the insurance company paid to have it replaced so I had it done at a custom upholstery shop in town. That Jeep wound up out in Carstairs Alberta, always wondered where it is now as that was probably 20+ years ago.

Coolbreeze

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Stick and 4.0 - 2014 VW GLI Special Edition
Occupation
CarMax
Vehicle Showcase
Big Hello from Troutman NC and a 04 TJ owner. Going to spend time here to figure out if a JL 2 door is my next purchase or snatch a 2017 in JAn is in my cards. Thanks in advance for input and advise.
Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! {filename}
Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! {filename}

woad wunner

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ford econoline, 2008 PT Cruiser
New member, never owned a Jeep. Spent several months as a salesman in 2008 for a Jeep Dodge Chrysler dealer What a good time test driving new Vehicles. The Jeep Wrangler become one of my favorite vehicles to drive around the block or with someone on a test drive.
While there maybe some other really good 4x4s out there, how long does it them to take off the top?
Hope to get one soon. Jeep Wrangler is the most iconic American 4x4 on the Earth.
Wish they still offered the double roof, double doors option.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Just joined. Very excited about the JL. Owned a few GC’s and wife always said no to wrangler as no back up camera/sensors, poor visibility out back window and no keyless entry.

All silly but this means the GC will be sold and the dream wrangler ordered.

OP
OP
RobNY

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ