Sponsored

Leaks and Blend door issues

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I have had my hard top start to leak in the winter due to ice building up in the freedom panel joints. I've had to wait for a good chinook to blow through to warm up everything to reseat the panels.
Don't wait for a Chinook, just go to a parking garage for an hour and that'll melt it.
A friend in town was complaining about unsticking/unfreezing windows and asked to use our garage, and I just said "Dude, park at the Mall" and he was shocked like he had an epiphany as he hadn't thought of it. Even in small towns use the Best Western parkade for an hour or whatever.

If you live in a very remote area without covered or underground parking then you're outta luck, and gotta drive a bit to accomplish that, and you could even park in your dealerships bay for 20+ mins while you talk to them about some concerns you heard about a Wrangler TSB/recall (airbag is likely a good ongoing excuse that's their problem). ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Outlaw70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler, 2017 Camaro SS
Wanderer- with all due respect, it is that kind of attitude as to why issues are never addressed! I'll be damn if I give my hard earned money on a brand new vehicle, just to have it leak within a year or two! That's pure stupidity!! If that is "It's a Jeep thing"- I'll pass!!

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
But some of the best adventures I ever had were in that Jeep so in the scheme of things and life whats a little water?
In a CJ, nothing.

In a JL Rubicon that will sticker at $50K+, that's rather unacceptable.

Jeeps are no longer just "Hey, live with it, it's a Jeep thing!" vehicles, not at those prices.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Not to be snarky but at least in my experience about the length of the warranty.

The one good thing is that foam is there for a particular reason, so when it fails you can replace it in the same locations.
I'm an engineer. We call it 'perfect engineering'. Anything lasting longer is over engineered.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
outlaw 70. Your option, do what you need to.

OP
OP

Outlaw70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler met me half-way with repair cost of blend door, and customer service was excellent and outstanding!! Really grateful for their patience and commitment to resolving that issue! Hoping future wranglers will be free of these issues- hoping to get JLU in a couple of years!

PhillyJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Chrysler met me half-way with repair cost of blend door, and customer service was excellent and outstanding!! Really grateful for their patience and commitment to resolving that issue! Hoping future wranglers will be free of these issues- hoping to get JLU in a couple of years!
hello- have a new Wrangler with heavy leaking on driver and small leaking on passenger side floor
vehicle has been at dealership for repair for a month. How did you navigate this with Chrysler? dealership is "trying" to repair but they have not been able to fix as of yet. any help is appreciated.
thanks

OP
OP

Outlaw70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just called Chrysler and explained situation. They covered half the cost of repair of the whole heating system, since it was fixed prior under warranty! Service found sludge still in system that was not removed the first time around. Only response about leaks was water test at my expense and repair at my expense since warranty was expired! Dealer service said leaks commonly caused by removing hardtop, but I have never removed hardtop! Jeep is now replaced by Subaru Crosstrek! Sorry about your leaks, hopefully Chrysler can take care of you! Best of luck!

Sponsored

stephensjer

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150 FX4
Occupation
Pastor
If it makes you feel better, I tore the dash off my 2011 f150 last winter to fix a blend door. $40 part, $1,500 repair at a shop. Took me 6-7 hours but I fixed it.

It’s failed again.