JL Interior Updates

SamJ

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR- 6 Speed
Wanted to start a thread on some of the new interior updates we can expect with the JL and JLU. While I don't expect a huge change for the interior I do expect to see updated gages and center council. We can see from spy photos that handle have been moved from the roof to the side pillars and we know there will be added LED interior lights.

Other topics for discussion.
-Updated back seats?
-Updated screens? (confirmed)
-New Steering wheel?
-Standard Bluetooth/radio options?
-Other thoughts?

I still want the jeep interior to stay simple yet I really hope they make some upgrades from the JK to distinguish itself as a new model.
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
As mentioned in other threads, take a look at any current Jeep vehicle interior that isn't the Wrangler and picture it in one. They're virtually same across the board and the Wrangler is the only vehicle that hasn't been updated as such.

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
This is what @Milous has said before when someone asked about a new dash layout. :like:

Lots of changes. For example, the 4 round air vents now line up left to right, with the center ones being on each side of the radio (instead of below the radio).

OP
OP

SamJ

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR- 6 Speed
This is what @Milous has said before when someone asked about a new dash layout. :like:
So more like what we are seeing from the Grand Cherokee and new Compass??

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.35.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.36.27 AM.png

BlackRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Rubicon
I don't it's going to be the same as the JGC and Compass. it'll be unique to the Wrangler (like the round air vents) but adopt some of its features like the large screens.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
So more like what we are seeing from the Grand Cherokee and new Compass??

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.35.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.36.27 AM.png
It won't have the prestigious look or materials of the Grand Cherokee, but aside from round air vents and inclusion of the handle bar, it'll probably have that general layout and functionality. One of the big questions with the dash specifically is whether or not the transfer case will retain a physical shifter or be changed over to the Selec-Terrain dial that the rest of the line-up has.

The Wrangler has always been given hand-me-down dash components since the days of the TJ. The newer JKs received the seats, HVAC controls, the auto-dimming rear view mirror, and other components that had already been in the Grand Cherokee and other Chrysler products for a few years. The JL will most likely get the same treatment. Expect the UConnect 8.4 for sure, most likely a newer instrument cluster with center display, headlight dials and knobs moved off the turn signal stalk and onto a control dial embedded on the bottom left of the dash, and more removable data storage options. No word on the Wrangler having HomeLink, but it'd sure be nice.

Now, I have absolutely zero sources on any of this, but Jeep has done these updates with every single vehicle that has come out in the last five years and this has been their behavior with the Wrangler since the late 90s.

Things like dual climate control, power seats, and other amenities remain to be seen. Spy shots suggest roof panel controls above the rear view mirror.
Sponsored