Sponsored

Jeep Wrangler JL 2-Door: Our Digital Preview!

XFinn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon, Lexus NX 200t
Maybe I am in the minority here, but I don't like the color match roof. I see quite a few of them out there, but to me, that color contrast is part of what makes a wrangler a wrangler.
Totally agree, especially if it is that deep, semi-glossy black as depicted in the admin's renderings. My heart says 2-door after seeing these pix, but my 4 year old/3 dogs/better half might still push me toward 4 doors. Naah! That's what our Yukon is for!!! :idea::fingerscrossed::rock:
Sponsored

mid_south_rzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford F-150 V8 4x2 & 2011 Jeep WK2 V6 4x4
"Good job" to the graphic designer! I like the Gobi and Commando design.
I hope Mopar brings back something similar to Anvil. Rhino to me is too dark for Anvil's replacement color.
But you can't go wrong with Crystal Granite or Gobi.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Maybe I am in the minority here, but I don't like the color match roof. I see quite a few of them out there, but to me, that color contrast is part of what makes a wrangler a wrangler.
I totally agree!

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ugh. These orange renderings are killing me knowing that the only orange we're getting is really yellow.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
I gotta wonder how old some of these mules are. Obviously we've got some newer ones on the streets, but despite shedding some of the camo, I bet some of the very first early mules (some that might even retain unchanged JK parts) are still roaming around.
They have to destroy the mules right?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
They have to destroy the mules right?
Not all, and they don't 'have to' per se, but most cannot be registered as passenger vehicles outside of the specific testing which is why they have special DOT registrations for that purpose.
So they often select a few early and odd examples and they get stored in big lots like the one at the plant in Toledo. That way they can canibalize some parts/ideas for future designs. The ones that aren't worth keeping around, just get recycled.
Now they could possibly be sold as 'scrap' to privileged program employees as non-road-legal vehicles, but that would be an unofficial use that could backfire, so even that is unlikely.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Buy the truck & use the tailgate?
But that's not the image I have in mind, of solders in the field, standing around their trusty Jeep, with a map spread over the hood.

Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Admin, can you speak on whether or not the details drawn here are close to production? Will the Sport have gloss black roof, red tow hooks, aggressive tires and vented hood?
And colored inserts in the front bumper?

The colored inserts in the bumper seems more of a Sahara thing, but we know there isn't a 2-door Sahara.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
The Rubicon images have the top of the front fenders even with the bottom of the hood. While the other images show the front fenders an inch or so lower. Is this just a function of the renderings, or will the actual location of the front fenders differ based on models?

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda3, 2013 Toyota Corolla, 1999 Lexus GS300
I prefer the black fenders and hardtop in the Sport with a white body but it doesn't look like it has the daytime running 'angel eyes' of the Rubicon which I'm digging. Perhaps an option for the Sport?