Sponsored

Jeep Wrangler JL 2-Door: Our Digital Preview!

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
jl-wrangler-shell-body-9-jpg.jpg I never noticed the body indentation/stamping between the tailgate handle and left taillight before this. Somehow missed it, but I dig it. I had to go back and look at the body shell thread to find it.
Sponsored

ghcartwright

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Wrangler, 2013 Sonic
Any speculation on dimensions of the JL 2 door-length, width, height, wheelbase?

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Love that color match accent on the bumper! Getting a white JLU Rubicon and painting the accent red though. Glad the tow hooks are red as well. Some spy shots showed them in black and I wasn't a fan. Will the Rubicon have a body color top standard? That would be great!

This really looks incredible! The Jeep team did a fantastic job!

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Admin, can you speak on whether or not the details drawn here are close to production? Will the Sport have gloss black roof, red tow hooks, aggressive tires and vented hood?

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
You guys realize these are not official jeep images don't you? Tow hook/accent colors are just cool wishful thinking.

Schultzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Does anyone know of an aftermarket rim that is close to the new Rubicon rims? I want those bad.

DTyree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ
I understand that this is a mock up but didn't we see two distinct sets of taillights on the mules? It appears that these Rubicons and Sports both have the lights that were previously shown on the Sahara. Your thoughts?

Rubicon.jpg

sahara.jpg

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Renderings.. created by a group of people who have supplied us with more knowledge on the JL than Jeep itself. That's why the small details matter here.
Yes but they even say they are based on the most recent spy pics that we have all seen. Asking about details that have not been confirmed is silly at this point. The renderings are awesome, but that's all you get at this point.

Sponsored

DTyree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ
After going back to the renderings, it appears that the rendered Sport and photographed Rubicon JLU have the same tail lights while the photographed Sahara and rendered 2-door Rubicon share the same tail lights.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Great job @admin as always. Is it insider knowledge that the bumpers will have color matched accents or just for fun in the renderings?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Maybe I am in the minority here, but I don't like the color match roof. I see quite a few of them out there, but to me, that color contrast is part of what makes a wrangler a wrangler.
Yep, and as an owner of a few 'interesting colour' Wranglers in my time, the contrast of the black on the roof (and fenders) really breaks up the monotony of just one colour. You really appreciate this when you swap from the body colour hardtop to the black soft-top.

Thanks to an inattentive teenaged BMW driver I also have contrasting front & back fenders now too, that match both tops :rock:

A good pic illustrating your point with me parked next to a Jeep budy with that very difference;

IMG_1225.jpg

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I understand that this is a mock up but didn't we see two distinct sets of taillights on the mules? It appears that these Rubicons and Sports both have the lights that were previously shown on the Sahara. Your thoughts?
I gotta wonder how old some of these mules are. Obviously we've got some newer ones on the streets, but despite shedding some of the camo, I bet some of the very first early mules (some that might even retain unchanged JK parts) are still roaming around.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Admin, can you speak on whether or not the details drawn here are close to production? Will the Sport have gloss black roof, red tow hooks, aggressive tires and vented hood?
One part that may confuse, is that if they offer a similar HD Suspension Upgrade Package for the JL Sport the way they have in the past for the JK Sport, then it might also come with the same MT tyres as the Rubicon just like the JK did.

I think though for this illustration it was about focusing on the major differences rather than the minor ones, and they may have just re-used the tires.

The hood (and side) vents however are details most people would focus on quite heavily in their purchasing/planning. I know it's something I won't give up now that I've had them and do use them.
Sponsored