Sponsored

If you couldn't get a Jeep Wrangler...?

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
If you couldn't get a Jeep Wrangler, what would your second choice for a vehicle be?

(Scrambler is disqualified for this thread. Also has to be the vehicle you'd realistically buy instead of a Wrangler, so no Bugattis unless you're filthy rich, and in that case would you please buy me a new Rubi? :)

(If this second choice answer is another Jeep brand vehicle, please provide a third choice non-Jeep brand vehicle as well.)
Sponsored

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
If I couldn't get a Jeep Wrangler I'd have a touch choice between a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and a Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Taco or Raptor Ranger. Might also have a look at the Bronco.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
If you couldn't get a Jeep Wrangler, what would your second choice for a vehicle be?

(Scrambler is disqualified for this thread. Also has to be the vehicle you'd realistically buy instead of a Wrangler, so no Bugattis unless you're filthy rich, and in that case would you please buy me a new Rubi? :)

(If this second choice answer is another Jeep brand vehicle, please provide a third choice non-Jeep brand vehicle as well.)
4Runner

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
Keep the 4Runner I have.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Raptor would be 2nd choice, with Ram Power Wagon right behind it. If the new Bronco was out at the time then that would probably be in the running as well.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I already answered and this would not be my first choice, or even my second or third however I have always wanted a AMC Eagle as a toy to build and play with. This is assuming I have more time, a bigger garage, and at least 1 or 2 other primary vehicles. I don’t know nearly as much about them as I do Jeeps but for some reason have always thought they looked fun.

Anyone else every have a soft spot for the AMC Eagle?

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
The Defender was at the top of my list, but it might be going totally soft. Even softer than the 4Runner which is at least a Taco and has a frame. The Defender is going unibody and it's going to probably sell a ton based on current Rover SUV high demand.

BrooklynJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
Being that a lot of us are taking issue with the probable price increase (the auto and V6 combo for example), to the point that some people are considering canceling orders, what else is on your list?

For the work I do, I need to be out in any weather at anytime. Test drove the Colorado ZR2, very nice but very cramped driving position for me. I felt a lot more room in a JK I test drove, I was surprised. JL is supposed to be even better inside.

Ram 1500 is definitely my backup choice. Prices for them are fantastic, you get a lot for the money. And that sweet hemi sound. Granted I’m not going in the woods and climbing rocks with it but it wasn’t my intention. Just need something that kills it in the snow and I can enjoy year round.

What else are you guys considering?

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Honda S2000. As much as I enjoy off-roading and the Jeep community, I originally bought my Jeep as an open air experience, and the S2000 was my second choice.

Although you could probably twist my arm on a Miata.

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
I think this thread is very enlightening. What other vehicle besides Wrangler has to compete directly with Rams, ZR2s, 4Runners, Grand Cherokees, Honda S2000s, AND Miatas? Could you imagine a Corvette guy or a F250 guy listing all those as second options for them? Nope.

So for those who are so sure their configuration is the "only true Jeep" or the "an obvious one that I can't believe FCA doesn't build," I think they have this brand figured out and I think they're doing a phenomenal job threading the needle.

TsundereKaho

First Name
Kaho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 YJ, 12 JK Rubicon
A XJ or KK. I thought about getting a KK and lifting it with 33's when they first came out.

If that wasn't a possibility then a Fiat 695 Abarth. Tiny car, but a lot of fun to drive with a damn good exhaust note from the factory.

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
I think this thread is very enlightening. What other vehicle besides Wrangler has to compete directly with Rams, ZR2s, 4Runners, Grand Cherokees, Honda S2000s, AND Miatas? Could you imagine a Corvette guy or a F250 guy listing all those as second options for them? Nope.
People buy what they want. I've never understood this perspective to save my life. Cars will always compete on personal preferences and tastes, not always whether they're in the same class or not.

I'd just keep the Raptor. It's such a fun vehicle to drive
I drove the second gen and didn't really appreciate it until I hammered it on the highway. The suspension really settles in once you're hauling.

As for other options on my short list: 4R and Bronco. I'm really not a fan of IFS off road. I'm also really interested in the production version of the VW I.D. Buzz. I'm going to go see the concept in the AM tomorrow. I'm not fully convinced by li ion batteries -I think solid state will be the ticket for BEV's and what generates wider consumer acceptance- but I like the concept.
Sponsored