Sponsored

First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU!

Raysrays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Charger
I'm kinda bummed to see no buttons for heated & cooled seats. No seriously! Don't! No - STOP THROWING THINGS!

Sheesh ;-)
Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU! {filename}

It's there above the parking sensor button. You won' t likely see that removed when it has a heated steering wheel button.

Based on how many of the buttons are for optional features, I am looking forward to seeing how the base stack and layout will look.
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I have never never never understood this. How does it make any more sense to have the switches in the dash than in the door? When the doors are in my garage I don't need the switches!
Other than designing the door panel to accept window switches, maybe the wiring for the driver's door? The driver's door wiring harness would require a larger connector for all 4 switches and window lock functions.

I never realized the PT Cruiser also used dash mounted window switches.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU! {filename}

It's there above the parking sensor button. You won' t likely see that removed when it has a heated steering wheel button.
It's also in the Controls section of the Uconnect screen also.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I have never never never understood this. How does it make any more sense to have the switches in the dash than in the door? When the doors are in my garage I don't need the switches!
Just because you can't figure out a use for them doesn't mean others don't get benefit from them being there.

The ability to leave rear doors on for children and pets while still maintaining control of rear windows is extremely useful, two families that we off-road with go this way, it's a variant of stage-coach style, sometimes called limo.

Also putting them in the centre stack reduces the number of switches & wires overall, and also further reduces the wire loom that needs to be fed through the doors to be unhooked or flex wih door closings/openings.

Why so agro about it?

Here's an example for those who can't visualize it.

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
Whats the best educated guess for approximately when these go on sale? I have an 11 year old FJ that is doing its best to hold out for them to go on sale.
I have a friend who was just offered 31k for her fj with 71k miles on it that would make a great trade in.

Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Waterproof?

Any idea if this new JL dash design addresses (solves) the problem of the JK dash, and its head units, of not being all that water proof? I mean, Jeep goes out of its way to brag that one can hose out (the mud?) from the interior, even drive around with the top and doors taken off, but the "achilles heel", is the dash.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I know there are guys that like to plastidip the circular trim around the air vents on the JK but I've never been a fan. Always thought it looked cheesy except in black when you can't really see them. I'm glad the rings are gone but I wonder if you can still pop out each of the vents separately without removing the entire dash (or parts of it first)? What do you guys think?
I know there are guys that like to plastidip the circular trim around the air vents on the JK but I've never been a fan. Always thought it looked cheesy except in black when you can't really see them. I'm glad the rings are gone but I wonder if you can still pop out each of the vents separately without removing the entire dash (or parts of it first)? What do you guys think?

If so, the 2 passenger side vents are connected by one panel and would need to be fully removed to get at either of them.

Just thinking ahead about real life use. I.e. you go mudding and those vents collect dirt/dust and it pukes it back into your face when you turn on the AC lol not fun.

If so, the 2 passenger side vents are connected by one panel and would need to be fully removed to get at either of them.

Just thinking ahead about real life use. I.e. you go mudding and those vents collect dirt/dust and it pukes it back into your face when you turn on the AC lol not fun.

The Vents on my JK rotate to a Closed position, they're not going to get mud , dirt when flat . Close when the mud flies, push to rotate open when wanted.

AgingTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Wrangler, 04 SV 650
Nice sighting!

Remind anyone a bit of the YJ interior with all those circular shapes lined up across the dash?

Agreed, that and the shape of the 'horn button', the way the grab handle integrates with the lines of the dash that carry straight across, and the position of the physical 'radio controls'.

i can appreciate the heated steering wheel and aux switches. Otherwise, looks like a Mini Coopers dash to me.

Always liked the Mini Cooper's dash other than the cartoonish bulbous styling and that stupid looking hump.

I was thinking the same thing. I think it's because the top of the dash is flat. There's no hump for the driver's gauges. Definitely a throw back to the CJ/YJ with a more modern Fiat look. Could there possibly be more leg room under the dash than JK?

Also notice the manual window cranks in the other picture.
The potential for more leg room was one of the first things I noticed. I hope it's so. That's been one of my biggest pet peeves on all post YJ Jeeps.

The dash was the one of the only things I disliked about the switch to TJ. I grew accustomed to car like interiors over the years and almost forgot how much I liked the simple rugged YJ dash until I started to recognize its influence in this interior.

AgingTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Wrangler, 04 SV 650
So, we have the JK form with TJ styling, CJ inspired grill, and YJ inspired dash. It's like they cherry picked my favorite elements from Jeep legacy vehicles, modernized it, and splashed it with a little of that Italian flair that makes super cars so cool. As far as design goes my opinion is they knocked it out of the park!

I remember saying, when Fiat acquired Chrysler, that we may not see the needed quality improvement, but we were in for some awesome design!

Well, I'm gushing, I need to go take a cold shower.

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
It has physical heated seat buttons. Look under the heated steering wheel button for the driver side and under the "mode" button for passenger side. Major plus.

Sponsored