Sponsored

First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU!

Shumx2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
I have to say, this very nicely brings the Wrangler's interior into modern times without overdoing it. Well done.

Anyone see the push button start or ignition switch?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Is the Lime Green jeep in the distance a New one as well ?
No. The background was inserted just to have a more attractive view :)

MotorCityJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR Hard Rock, 2015 200S AWD
The "long button or lever of unknown purpose" appears to be an indicator for the passenger airbag. Logo and letter are quite familiar. I hold the patent for one of the first manual switches for GM starting in the late 90s. ;)

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Now that's how you modernize an interior but keep it all still very utilitarian looking.

Wonder what how the base model interiors will differ. And Are those rubber buttons on steering wheel? Would prefer plastic buttons which don't wear as easily.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Dash layout looks awesome. Just need that diesel:fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

doh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 wrangler
Wow!! Love the new interior, it's like night and day with the JK now. I wonder if the red dashboard is color matched with the exterior paint and wonder if it'll be a stand alone option.
If not color matched that would look pretty fugly imo, other than with maybe white/black paint. i think we're seeing one of the exterior paint options on the JL.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
You make me proud Jeep :like:

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Looks sweet. Very sweet. Am I the only one though, who is dying to know about the sound system and whether or not they are going to find a way to improve the acoustics? Maybe angling the speakers in the sound bar, or pods in the corners over the rear seats or something? If they can find a way to improve that I would be truly in love.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
If not color matched that would look pretty fugly imo, other than with maybe white/black paint. i think we're seeing one of the exterior paint options on the JL.
Possibly, it is indeed to color match the exterior, and therefore, match the other areas around like the doors where the exterior is obvious on the JK's.

Either that, nor Jeep is picking up the styling from the Renegade interior, with the red accents.

Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU! {filename}

Sponsored

E in DC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Jeep Cherokee (2 door)
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice! The shift grips look like beer cans (not a bad thing). I think I'll probably still swap the gear grip out for a grenade though.

Dart Maul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Xterra, 2014 Dart
I wish we could get a look at the base interior. This Rubi looks spec'ed out..dual zone climate control, massive screen, aux switches, red accent dash etc.

There's a lot to like here but I'm seeing possibly a lot of $$$ here.

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
Wow! I have to say I do like it, especially the 4 aux switches!! And HomeLink! To me it's definitely got a 3rd gen Tacoma dash vibe, but that's not a bad thing. Glad to see them finally adding pillar-mounted grab handles front/rear too - they're long over due.

MLPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willys JK 6M
The quality and design have all been upped but it still looks weather/moisture resistant. :rock:

My dash just instantly aged after seeing this.

doh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 wrangler
Possibly, it is indeed to color match the exterior, and therefore, match the other areas around like the doors where the exterior is obvious on the JK's.

Either that, nor Jeep is picking up the styling from the Renegade interior, with the red accents.

Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU! {filename}
Yea tho if that were the case and it's some kind of red trim option id think you would see splashes of red in other areas, the stitching, the shifter boot..

It'll be interesting to see if they offer paint matching for just a few select colors (i doubt a yellow dash would be popular for example, or is it just me?) but i can see red, commando green, anvil and some darker colors looking good. something tells me it will just be your standard fare of red, tan, black tho.
Sponsored