Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Of course. I make the mistake of assuming that everyone will take fair overhead and profit, while at the same time taking extremely good care of their customer base. It only makes sense right? To do otherwise will result in failure.

I am on my 5th Wrangler and have been very impressed with both their quality and customer service. But maybe I just got lucky....?
Like you I have been buying Jeeps, almost all ordered but a I think 2 or 3 were off the lot, only because they exactly what I went to order.

Since 1984 I owned around 19 Jeeps. Over all these years and miles I have knocked on Jeeps door 5 times for warranty service and only ONCE was it a major issue, my 2003 TJ R drivers side rear axle broke...due to a flaw in mfg, it had an internal crack in it.

Twice for my rear view mirror showing Freeze warning in the Dallas Summer, LOL.

Once for a AC drain hose not pushed thru the fire wall but was dripping into the passenger side foot well.

A intermittent short in the rear drivers tail light. Loose ground connection.

Not bad for all the years I have driven Jeeps, never let me down, never left me stranded, never not got home...

Jeep Wrangler JL 48% Price Increase Since 2018 the-end-thats-all-folks
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Of course. I make the mistake of assuming that everyone will take fair overhead and profit, while at the same time taking extremely good care of their customer base. It only makes sense right? To do otherwise will result in failure.

I am on my 5th Wrangler and have been very impressed with both their quality and customer service. But maybe I just got lucky....?
I think so.

I’m on my 9th Wrangler and 11th Jeep. I love my Wrangler and it’s been relatively trouble-free.

But based on the ridiculous greed of dealers around here, the mendacity of the sales staff, several terrible service experiences, and Jeep’s indifference towards honoring warranty commitments and towards its customers, I’d be hard pressed to buy another one.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fun ones!
Like you I have been buying Jeeps, almost all ordered but a I think 2 or 3 were off the lot, only because they exactly what I went to order.

Since 1984 I owned around 19 Jeeps. Over all these years and miles I have knocked on Jeeps door 5 times for warranty service and only ONCE was it a major issue, my 2003 TJ R drivers side rear axle broke...due to a flaw in mfg, it had an internal crack in it.

Twice for my rear view mirror showing Freeze warning in the Dallas Summer, LOL.

Once for a AC drain hose not pushed thru the fire wall but was dripping into the passenger side foot well.

A intermittent short in the rear drivers tail light. Loose ground connection.

Not bad for all the years I have driven Jeeps, never let me down, never left me stranded, never not got home...

So you owned your Jeeps an average of 2 years per vehicle? Or did you own multiple Jeeps at the same time? If you only had one at a time this is hardly an impressive stat you provide. If you had significant issues in 2 years of ownership that would be concerning. Now if you still have one of those Jeeps for 20 years and 300k miles of daily driving without any significant issues I would be more impressed.

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
So you owned your Jeeps an average of 2 years per vehicle? Or did you own multiple Jeeps at the same time? If you only had one at a time this is hardly an impressive stat you provide. If you had significant issues in 2 years of ownership that would be concerning. Now if you still have one of those Jeeps for 20 years and 300k miles of daily driving without any significant issues I would be more impressed.
I drive a LOT of miles, several of my Jeeps had over 100k miles, one had almost 150k miles.

yes I often had multiple jeeps at a time, at one time I had 3 in the driveway. My '03 TJ R had right at 100k miles in only 8 years.

All of my Jeeps had 25-35k at trade in..

I was single for about 25 years, I traveled a lot, enough to rack up over 1 Million miles just on 1 Airline (American) and over a million miles on a combined 3 other airlines...Northwest, US Air and United. I had operations going on around the world. My annual wrap up at all locations was over 1 month of air travel 32-35k air miles on 1 set of tickets.

YES I drive and fly a LOT of miles when you are single and no family...

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Detroit automakers have ended in bankruptcy before by focusing singlemindedly on maximizing profits, with little regard for staying in business.
I was going to post this but you got to it first - "maximizing profits" is what caused GM to need a government bailout in 2009. Today's GM is a completely different machine. Focusing less on volume profit and more on quality and service. You can see the stark differences when you compare their products and service departments to Jeep. That's not to say that they don't still have terrible dealers - they definitely do. The point is that their approach to service is COMPLETELY different than what Jeep owners are used to.

I see a lot of life-long Jeepers here who are accustomed to this experience treating those who dare to question the brand like nothing more than haters. But you don't see it because you are immersed in this world. When others like myself who have spent our lives living in a GM/Toyota world tell you this is bad...it should make you think. There is no excuse for it, this is a problem that Stellantis WOULD be trying to fix if they actually cared.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Not watching the whole dumb video, but I leased a brand new JL Sport S in 2018, it was pretty loaded (dual top, tech pack, Alpine, towing, cold weather, etc) and had a window sticker of $45,035. I just built the closest equivalent I could on Jeep.com (no 3.6L/8AT combo I could find but whatever) and it was a sticker of $51,510. $51,510 - $45,035 = $6,475 / $45,035 = 14.4%. Not 48% or whatever. Clickbait.

About a 9.4% increase for mine also. Not terrible but it also doesn’t have the option for the lsd so no m220 rear.

Jeep Wrangler JL 48% Price Increase Since 2018 IMG_5326
Jeep Wrangler JL 48% Price Increase Since 2018 IMG_5327

Dusty Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ply Roadrunner, 2010 Challenger SRT
When you lease, Jeep passes 100% of the $7500 tax credit back to you ... and they're not required to, many OEMs pocket it for themselves. The only benefit Jeep is getting from the tax credit is helping lower the end cost to consumers and moving more volume of cars. They aren't making anything off the tax credit directly.
They are taking the tax credit indirectly.

They are “giving” the tax credit back to you AFTER they have already added the amount of the tax credit into the base price of the vehicle, just like rebates. Jeep isn’t lowering the end cost to consumers, the government is limiting the increased cost for a preferred group of consumers…

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
Because Jeep is literally giving you $7500 to lease, and giving you $0 to buy. And given its motivation to move 4xes the money factor (aka interest rate) on 4xe leases is nearly 0%. Would your thought be different if Jeep was handing you $208/mo off of your payments for the first 3 years?

You always have the option to buy the car at the end of the lease, at a pre-negotiated price, and now you own the car if you wish. And because Jeep gave you a $7500 down payment ... you immediately have positive equity. Whereas with a purchase, you're nowhere near that point after only 3 years.

The math's pretty simple here. Blows my mind that more people don't run the numbers. Some cars lease better, some finance better, and the situation is different for every person. But it's silly thinking to have a blanket statement that leasing is a bad idea.

It's an incredible rabbit hole, but if you're ready to read and learn, go take a gander at https://forum.leasehackr.com/
It's funny how many people still don't understand leases or take the time to run the numbers. For some vehicles, especially ones that hold their values well, it makes sense to lease and can be cheaper. I made out with my last few leases.

Chevy bought out my lease on our Corvette and literally gave me a check for $13K. On my Ram same situation, I got a buyout check for $14K. Leasing my current Willys and the dealer wants to give me about $7K more than my residual. This time though I think I'll keep it!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I just built my JLUR 2019 model with the Jeep site. The price is up just over $15,000.

Sponsored

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Is there anything that hasn’t increased by at least that much? Other than salaries? .

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I cannot believe that people are paying ADMs on Kias and Hyundais. I never thought I'd see that day. but here we are.
Both marques are fairly well-represented on our local highways and byways, certainly more so than the equivalent Hondas and Toyotas. I too would have questioned ADMs on the Korean brands, but for their sheer numbers making plain their popularity.

Why on earth are people still leasing?
It puts any number of folks into a vehicle that they otherwise couldn't afford. I see a lot of young drivers behind the wheel of upmarket brands/models and I wonder if there are truly that many good-paying jobs. Probably not. Cue the easy lease terms. Or the comically long loan repayment periods.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
How else are they going to pay for all of those door hinge rust claims?
Sponsored