Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Only glimpse of hope for the power soft top. I'm hoping there's no mention of the power SOFT top, is because it's not scheduled for production until May next year.

topmanu.jpg

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
How can I sleep now!!!!!

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Read it all ! Few points..Hardtop configuration seems exactly the same with no changes. 91 octane required for the turbo. Are the bumpers all the same for all models? Are there 5 different drive modes including 4 high full time for all models, because I thought that was only for the sahara? Or am i reading it wrong? Happy reading!

Sponsored

Uscolt45

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Renegade
The key has a symbol for Glow Plug, which would be for diesel, but I bet they use the same for all their manuals. There is really no need to tailor them per vehicle.

Also, I read through the window lowering and it seems like it isn’t as easy as some hoped. Top removal (or lowering on soft top) and numerous bolts etc.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
They finally added door checks/stops, and as expected made door removal easier by making the torx bolt more accessible.

642D0B11-A5A4-437C-9A56-D0FEBC90F883.jpeg

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Happy to see vented seats!

Pissed no curtain airbags!

Pissed hardtop is the same PITA to remove!

Last edited:

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A few things of note..

• First ESS is the typical FCA implementation, no option to disable permanently or remember last setting. :angry:
The STOP/START system will reset itself back to an ON condition every time the ignition is turned off and back on.
  • although it appears to be disableable by removing hood sensor like in Cherokee due to hood open condition. But that’s annoying especially for interfering with remote start or alarm. :mad:
  • Full-time 4WD system needs to sense loss of traction to transfer power to front wheels. Definitely not an NV242, SelecTrac in name only or a return of Selec-TracII which is not as good as the NV242. Hopefully better than ST-II and close to fully capable as CommanTrac or original ST.
  • 110-230V inverter outlet is located on the back of the center armest, not the front unlike the JK. This may be easier for some but make swapping & monitoring more difficult.
  • There’s an additional USB connector on the back as well
  • The 4 Auxiliary switches have wires terminating in cabin as well as under the hood making for easy connections.
  • Still can’t mix panel and defrost heat/air, you can only mix those with footwell heat/air.
  • TPMS system automatically disables reminder on non tpms rims after second restart, but no option to adjust triggering PSI level for airing down.
  • There are headrests for all 3 positions in JLU still just 2 in JL. Integrated cup hold in centre headrest.
  • The Auto shifter SUCKS, looks like Fisher price toy, and reminds me of other previous crappy shifters from the 90s with the wonky button in the front, like the Dodge Neon. Would pay good money for better after market option.
  • Manual Transmission shift pattern had changed from Reverse by 6th to Reverse beside 1st.
  • Axle lock feature is simplified, instead of multiple pushes of single button, everything is separate, down for rear, up for both and a separate dedicated off button.
  • Didn’t see a “Follow Me” function in the Unpconnect NAV, hopefully in separate Uconnect info.
  • Power mirror adjust is now driver only integrated into door instead of centre stack. Kinda makes sense if no option to remount mirrors when doors removed.
  • Still uses removable plastic shroud for soft top fitment.
  • Still uses 2 annoying rear plastic clips for softtop rear crossbar.
  • New solid window grab handles do NOT seem involved in Windshield or Door removal.
  • Cupholder finally seem significantly bigger for Big Gulp and large Nalgene bottles.

Last edited:

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Interesting photo..
By the way the windshield folding method is why it does not exist?

p_653iirqf1.jpg

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler

Last edited:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting photo..
By the way the windshield folding method is why it does not exist?
I agree the new axle locking method is a big improvement, allowing you to lock both front and rear quickly with one click (vs previous 2) and separate unlock/off button making it easy to identify, especially when odd actions by axle / lock lights.

Still can’t figure out which trims get locking axles vs LSD as the info isn’t clear specifically mentioning Tru-Lok and only Rubicon models, but not other trim levels. Leaving Trac-Lok for other models.

As for the windshield folding method, that’s on page 150 of the Owner’s manual;

Here’s page 152 that show the windhsield supports, as well as the location of the torx bolts to lower/raise the windshield.

46D47884-DF96-44B1-8DE3-F8F362E68316.jpeg
Sponsored