Sponsored

2018 Wrangler Images Revealed At Dealer Event! JT Pickup Previewed?

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks to a quick acting witness with his cell phone, here are images of posters from a FCA dealer event which shows the next gen JL Wrangler's nose and tail.

These images were displayed on a poster at a FCA dealer meeting which showed the entire current (as well as future) Jeep lineup. Two future models were revealed, the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer and the all new Jeep Wrangler (JL)!

The images confirm what the spied prototypes have been previewing:

• European style front bumper (longer and extends up to meet fender flares)
  • LED turn signal light strips integrated into fender flares
One interesting thing to note is that these may be images of the JT Pickup Truck as the rear only shows a tailgate and no greenhouse (which disappears in the distance). However, the overall design and styling elements should be the same among the upcoming Pickup, Sport and Unlimited versions.

JeepJLwranglerFace2.jpg

JeepJLwranglerFace3.jpg
JeepJLwranglerFace1.jpg
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Doesnt look much different. Thats a good thing!

Any news of official reveal? No news about the pick up version?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
What a tease. Thanks for these though!

No rubber windscreen stops though...

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Wow good grab! Definitely seems to be the pickup pictured. You would at least see the rear glass/pillar frame if this was the standard Wrangler.

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Doesnt look much different. Thats a good thing!

Any news of official reveal? No news about the pick up version?
From the admin's description seems this is the JT Wrangler pickup truck. Make sense, you can't see see the cockpit in the image (but you can on the Cherokee next to it).

This is definitely what I'd call an evolutionary design rather than revolutionary.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Admin updated the post since I posted, either that or my morning coffee didnt kick and and I missed the whole bottom paragraph.

If it is the JT then is just me but the bed height seems really short. Also a little bummed about the spare tire on the rear tailgate, but Im sure the aftermarket can fix that. I was hoping for a more AEV brute rear end.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Wrangler Images Revealed At Dealer Event! JT Pickup Previewed? {filename}

Also this would make is seem like that Pick Up will share the same front end as the JL and not have its own unique name like some though the Crew Chief 715 concept might have been hinting at.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Wrangler Images Revealed At Dealer Event! JT Pickup Previewed? {filename}

Last edited:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Another possibility is that those are simply renderings of CAD models.

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Another possibility is that those are simply renderings of CAD models.
I think that's definitely possible. It doesn't have every last detail, like windshield wipers for example.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Sponsored

Biker Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Monster
If there's barely any changes besides a slightly larger vehicle and a roof that may not be fully removed I'll go for the JK. Assuming there will be a price increase and some cheap JK's to be had. I'm still holding out hope there's a few surprises we haven't seen. Why else build a "new" wrangler.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
If there's barely any changes besides a slightly larger vehicle and a roof that may not be fully removed I'll go for the JK. Assuming there will be a price increase and some cheap JK's to be had. I'm still holding out hope there's a few surprises we haven't seen. Why else build a "new" wrangler.
Um, diesel...

:p

Joe Camel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Charger, Planning for JLU
Looks like the tail lights will finally get some flair! They seem to feature an X design without looking exactly like the Renegade's lights.

The pics are blurry but from what I can tell the X design actually reminds me of the design of military jerrycans, which would be a cool look!

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Also 8 speed trans, lighter, better fuel economy, I would guess improved road handling, and probably some more off road capabilities.
Sponsored