Sponsored

2018 Wish List

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Yeah 36" inseam here too.

Also the headroom is interrupted by that foam bar thing, so if they could account for that being less prominent that would be great too, for guys who like to put the seat back so their long legs aren't folded too far where it starts interfering with steering.

Let us ride in something rugged, timeless and American, without sacrificing comfort, Jeep !!!
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Besides my Wrangler I have not kept cars "long term" my JKU is the first car I have owned over 2 years and put more then 40,000 miles on.

Past cars where (Newest first):

BMW E90 M3 Comp Package
BMW E60 535i Touring
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Mini Cooper JCW
BMW E90 335i
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Nissan 350Z
Ford F150
Lexus IS300
Chevy Silverado
Honda Civic
Honda Accord
VW Super Beetle
Jeep Cherokee
(last 4 where in High School)

I guess I might be a bit biased as I always have liked smaller cars (more sporty IMO), as I have always been an enthusiast and based my purchases on available aftermarket customizations. For example my Evo IX was race prepped with coilovers, roll bar, bucket seats, and titanium exhaust and I drove it daily (it was far from comfy), but I did it because I loved the speed and performance. As I got older I wanted a combo of performance and luxury which got me in the BMWs, but as I got even older (now in my late 30s) the practicality side of me kicked in more and the Wrangler was the compromise (less expensive, can take if offroad, better in the mountains when going snowboarding, and more cargo room).

Based on owning a JKU for almost 4 years now I would say if comfort is a primary concern my personal opinion is that the Wrangler might not be the best fit, and you might be better off with a Landrover (LR4 if you want the offroad ability or Range Rover if its not a priority), or Grand Cherokee. If your open to trucks I would say also check out the Ford Raptor. Reason being is the Wrangler isnt a comfy vehicle. It has wind noise & rattles, its chore to drive on long road trips, and the suspension is relatively stiff. With that said I LOVE my Wrangler, but I'm really hoping they address the highway manners or I might not get another one and might end up waiting on the new Bronco or picking up a Raptor. I think the 8 speed transmission and diesel will do wonders in that department so I have high hopes.

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
The more conventional the Wrangler gets the worse it will be for off road use. That's the hard balance Jeep faces when changing things up. What they could do is put out a new trim beyond the "luxury" package Sahara. Something that focuses more on thousands (majority) of people who use the Wrangler strictly for daily driving and commuting. But then why not just buy a Cherokee?

I totally agree the Wrangler is not for those who want comfort. At its most comfortable you would need to keep the vehicle stock and not swap out the tires, ride height, suspension etc... then it greatly loses its appeal IMO.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
The more conventional the Wrangler gets the worse it will be for off road use. That's the hard balance Jeep faces when changing things up. What they could do is put out a new trim beyond the "luxury" package Sahara. Something that focuses more on thousands (majority) of people who use the Wrangler strictly for daily driving and commuting. But then why not just buy a Cherokee?

I totally agree the Wrangler is not for those who want comfort. At its most comfortable you would need to keep the vehicle stock and not swap out the tires, ride height, suspension etc... then it greatly loses its appeal IMO.
I honestly don't have any real issues with the Wrangler daily around town, its just mostly on long highway drives. I think this is mostly due to gearing, lack of tq/hp at the top end, and solid axles with a boxy design. The gearing and tq/hp issues I think will be taken care of with the new diesel and 8 speed. The boxy design is what it is, but they definitely can improve stability and handling I have driven older solid axel Fords that have waaaay better steering then my JKU does, so that leads me to believe its possible.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Besides my Wrangler I have not kept cars "long term" my JKU is the first car I have owned over 2 years and put more then 40,000 miles on.

Past cars where (Newest first):

BMW E90 M3 Comp Package
BMW E60 535i Touring
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Mini Cooper JCW
BMW E90 335i
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Nissan 350Z
Ford F150
Lexus IS300
Chevy Silverado
Honda Civic
Honda Accord
VW Super Beetle
Jeep Cherokee
(last 4 where in High School)

I guess I might be a bit biased as I always have liked smaller cars (more sporty IMO), as I have always been an enthusiast and based my purchases on available aftermarket customizations. For example my Evo IX was race prepped with coilovers, roll bar, bucket seats, and titanium exhaust and I drove it daily (it was far from comfy), but I did it because I loved the speed and performance. As I got older I wanted a combo of performance and luxury which got me in the BMWs, but as I got even older (now in my late 30s) the practicality side of me kicked in more and the Wrangler was the compromise (less expensive, can take if offroad, better in the mountains when going snowboarding, and more cargo room).

Based on owning a JKU for almost 4 years now I would say if comfort is a primary concern my personal opinion is that the Wrangler might not be the best fit, and you might be better off with a Landrover (LR4 if you want the offroad ability or Range Rover if its not a priority), or Grand Cherokee. If your open to trucks I would say also check out the Ford Raptor. Reason being is the Wrangler isnt a comfy vehicle. It has wind noise & rattles, its chore to drive on long road trips, and the suspension is relatively stiff. With that said I LOVE my Wrangler, but I'm really hoping they address the highway manners or I might not get another one and might end up waiting on the new Bronco or picking up a Raptor. I think the 8 speed transmission and diesel will do wonders in that department so I have high hopes.
wow you didn't find any of those cars uncomfortable with a 35" inseam ? I would hate driving almost any of them, for more than 12minutes at a time.

And I'm used to low profile tires and large diameter rims, on euro sedans with sport suspension. so I doubt a JLU in whatever luxury/Sahara/pano roof package I get it will seem stiff or rough riding, or cramped/crowded by comparison, in any area EXCEPT the drivers side footwell. That is my main concern and likewise the concern of many pro athletes who are more likely to gravitate towards this new wrangler than many long time wrangler enthusiasts will be.

Last edited:

Work

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Willys Wheeler Granite Crystal
My list:
Maintain off road capabilities
I want the use of aluminum on the doors to actually be functional and make the door lighter and easier to take on and off.
Both a boost in mpg and hp would be nice. The jk is a little sluggish and understandably a bit of a gas hog. I would love for my jeep to be a bit more fun on the road during my daily commute.
I hope the new headlights deliver. Stock JK lights just plain suck.
A modern head unit. Doesn't have to be crazy but just on par with industry standards would be great. Personally hoping wireless apple carplay is going by then.
Pipe dream would be keyless entry/push to start. I doubt they'll do it, but it's soooo nice to have. Wife's car has it and it's just so much more convenient.
Easy to work on would be a big plus.

Big one for me would be no big hiccups/recalls in year one. I understand small stuff but it'd be nice if I didn't have to worry too much. I'm in a two door right now, at the point where I want to start building it up, and get a roof top tent to take road trips and do some more serious wheeling (dreaming of moab one day) but the two door is just too small for me and the potential of the JLU has my mouth watering. So I'll probably be trying to get in one as soon as possible.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
I want the use of aluminum on the doors to actually be functional and make the door lighter and easier to take on and off.

I hope the new headlights deliver. Stock JK lights just plain suck.
wireless apple carplay
keyless entry/push to start.
Easy to work on would be a big plus.
Big one for me would be no big hiccups/recalls in year one..
Amen brother.

A cheapish option/upgrade for full hyper lightweight aluminum panels would be great.
People wear dents as fun-receipts on wranglers.

4X4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door Sport S 4X4, 1956 Jeep CJ5
Power reclining rear seats as standard

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
wow you didn't find any of those cars uncomfortable with a 35" inseam ? I would hate driving almost any of them, for more than 12minutes at a time.
Nope. The Trucks and FJ where plenty roomy so was the 5 series. The smaller M3, 3 series where really comfy and all the performance cars where just fine. It just that most people couldn't sit in the seats behind me. The funniest thing is the Mini was actually one of the more roomy cars, which most would not guess.

Taimaishu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Big one for me would be no big hiccups/recalls in year one. I understand small stuff but it'd be nice if I didn't have to worry too much. I'm in a two door right now, at the point where I want to start building it up, and get a roof top tent to take road trips and do some more serious wheeling (dreaming of moab one day) but the two door is just too small for me and the potential of the JLU has my mouth watering. So I'll probably be trying to get in one as soon as possible.
I'm eyeing a JLU too but I'm wary of first model year cars. Seems like they often have gremlins and recalls. I'm hoping the engineers test the hell out of the JL prototypes and iron out any major issues, but we haven't seem many spied prototypes lately so that worries me.

Uptonogood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ
Power reclining rear seats as standard
Seems like overkill for just reclining? And manual seats operate faster so you can fold down and raise back faster.

I'd welcome a a power fold down button somewhere in the trunk would be nice though.

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In between Wranglers right now
I'm eyeing a JLU too but I'm wary of first model year cars. Seems like they often have gremlins and recalls. I'm hoping the engineers test the hell out of the JL prototypes and iron out any major issues, but we haven't seem many spied prototypes lately so that worries me.
That's what warranties are for!

And I wouldn't judge how reliable the car will be based on how often its prototypes are spied. These days they can easily test at night or using an existing body so nobody can tell even if it's rolling down the road.

Biggest want on my list is Apple CarPlay which thankfully we already know is coming. And I want to keep a more open roof than the renderings by this site (sorry they're awesome but it's too closed off for me even with those panels removed like you guys drew it).
Sponsored