Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU MSRP price shown on window sticker

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yj
FCA Headquarters parking lot. Saw a bunch of test mules for other cars too, old and new. Found a scrambler under a tarp too

JLWF Administrator addendum:

We ran the VIN through the tracker. This is a company car and hot coded. Production began on 11/18 and it shipped to vehicle control services so it's a production vehicle that they sent through for quality control. I assume that MSRP is with all the options listed even though they aren't broken down. It would be spot on.

Here's the tracking info on it:

jlu-sahara-tracking-info-png.png

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-price-window-sticker.jpg
2018-jeep-wrangler-jlu-sahara-window-sticker-msrp-pricing.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-msrp-price-window-sticker.jpg

OhRiLuJ.jpg

This rendered sticker is generated from the FCA website....I put in the VIN on the order sheet from inside the car. I had to do this because of the potato quality of the closeup pic i took of the actual sheet....

2018-Wrangler-Sahara-JLU-Window-Sticker copy.png

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-msrp-price-window-sticker1.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-interior.jpg

PaBM1xx.jpg
9OLivdX.jpg
BSiw4JX.jpg
nT12fC166p3Mj33LRfbJLeIGItLQdVHOIgxQuuDqmqU.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
It was posted in the JL picture thread and I posted in the MSRP thread. I sure hope I'm not reading this correctly. That would be a $10k increase over the base price of a JK 2017 Sahara. Not the $2500 increase we heard about.

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
Also, there are photos in that thread and then the sticker is a rendering/electronic. It isn't a photo and it isn't a clean up of the sticker in the window. I'm not saying the pics aren't real, but there's something a little different here. And I don't think there's a base price that's ever an even $XX,000. If anything, it should be $44,999. I'm skeptical.

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Updated and merged with Ron's post in the photos section since he's the one that took these.

Thanks for catching it Wolfslash. :like:

OP
OP

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yj
Also, there are photos in that thread and then the sticker is a rendering/electronic. It isn't a photo and it isn't a clean up of the sticker in the window. I'm not saying the pics aren't real, but there's something a little different here. And I don't think there's a base price that's ever an even $XX,000. If anything, it should be $44,999. I'm skeptical.
Don't even throw around words like "fake" right now...zoom into the pic on the window. The rendered sticker is generated from the FCA website....I put in the VIN on the order sheet from inside the car. I had to do this because of the potato quality of the closeup pic i took of the actual sheet....

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1c4hjxeg5jw100947

If you don't believe me go check out the car yourself.

Here's the spot where I found it...type into google maps and drive there yourself

42.658309, -83.225664

Sponsored

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
Yeah, I was careful in my wording to not call it fake. Great pics, but I knew the last window sticker was something else. I didn't think about you being able to recreate it from the VIN, No offense intended, just a little skepticism which you've explained away.

OP
OP

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yj
Yeah, I was careful in my wording to not call it fake. Great pics, but I knew the last window sticker was something else. I didn't think about you being able to recreate it from the VIN, No offense intended, just a little skepticism which you've explained away.
Yeah sorry for the somewhat agressive reply

I would actually go back tomorrow and take a high res pic of every single window sticker there....if I didn't live 4 hours away. Maybe somebody local can go there? Its the north-west parking lot labeled "Vehicle Services Staging" near the Employee parking. There's a bunch of these JL parked, including a bunch of Camo test mules

I was in the area for work and wanted to check out the FCA HQ but I can't go back until next week

Element32d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
What do codes PRC, PCL, and 2TG represent? All the other optional equipment codes I recognize.

OP
OP

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yj

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
It comes standard with side air bags, push start, reverse camera, homelink garage opener and Uconnect functions, Apple car play, etc.. (all options on the JK models).

Honestly, I find it hard to believe the base price would only increase $2,500 from the outgoing JK model. But I also find it hard to believe the base price has jumped $10,000 to cover those features as well! You can get all those features and more in a $18,000 new Toyota or Hyundai! That would even put the base price for a Sahara a few thousand over my last Mercedes I bought. While that is possible, I suppose, Jeep would be pretty foolish to think people want to spend $46,000 out of the box on a Sahara Wrangler.

Sponsored

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
It's clearly not a faked sticker since it's on the Chrysler site but shouldn't it list prices for the optional equipment?

Like this one

IMG_1180.jpeg

TJO

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
It's clearly not a faked sticker since it's on the Chrysler site but shouldn't it list prices for the optional equipment?

Like this one

IMG_1180.jpeg
I was thinking the same thing. Not does it not list the prices for the options but it does not add the cost of the options. If you see total vehicle price it only reflect $46095 as the total vehicle price which is only additional cost of freight. So unless this is a base model saharah with no options there is something strange about this Sticker. It has a hard top and list dual top, we see leather and 8.4' info screen, it looks to have the optional wheels so we know it has options. Actually, if you take $46095 price to be real this might actually be less then what we were anticipating depending on what other options are on this.

TJO

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
View attachment 6602 If you go on Jeep.com and build a 2018 jk Sahara with a few of the options that are close to the 2018 build you quickly end up at around around $41000.00

F690FDE8-CF9C-4999-BB53-2040D39CD00D.png

5FCF7BF3-53B3-456D-9C87-BDE3955B0E9D.png

C1BF7E04-6698-475D-9652-A8C6B535CAE3.png

096EBD9A-35CD-41F2-BDE0-8888B7EA3945.png

C2FCF1D7-B3D5-4934-9E23-730878C54765.png
I just looked it up and got $41k as well with the options we see and know about. If that is the only options then it looks to be a 4k increase. However there may be other options we can not see such as tow package and Alpine stereo. If you add those two in then you are up to $43k and that would be inline with the 2k increase we were all anticipating.
Sponsored