Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macman1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Call of Duty Black Ops
I know how to fold the top down but I don't care to go through the trouble. I believe most Jeepers are in that category.
Sponsored

CrashBurn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Plastic bumpers are brilliant on the Wrangler. They are cheaper, weigh less, and perform better than steel bumpers. They don't cost anything in terms of sales because anyone who really wants steel bumpers was likely to swap them for aftermarket bumpers anyways.

I LOVE the plastic bumpers. Why? Because they're disposable. Someone hit your bumper? $50 on Craigslist will buy you a brand new one. I once watched a conversion van back into our JKUR ~6 times while he was trying to parallel park. The only damage was a bit of deformation which I was able to take out, leaving only a bit of a crease. A steel bumper would have needed replacem
The plastic bumper ends get damaged upon the slightest damage. Yes they're cheap and disposable, but we wouldn't have to go through the hassle if they gave us steel bumpers from the factory. Unfortunately it seems like we're still getting plastic bumpers with the JL. It gives the company a chance to sell Mopar steel bumpers and make more profit anyway.

Emoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, Camaro SS
I just hope they offer a transfer case that gives us:

2WD
4WD Hi
4WD Lo (with lockers available)
Full-Time 4WD (for use on any surface, including dry pavement)

KickingTires

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
So how "confirmed" is the power soft top? Debating moving forward on a jku purchase, but man that sounds interesting.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
So how "confirmed" is the power soft top? Debating moving forward on a jku purchase, but man that sounds interesting.
Not confirmed at all.

Sponsored

DosEcoDiesels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Ecodiesel, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I just hope they offer a transfer case that gives us:

2WD
4WD Hi
4WD Lo (with lockers available)
Full-Time 4WD (for use on any surface, including dry pavement)
Auto 4WD would be a mistake for the wrangler. This would require a clutch operated transfer case that wears out over time. I doubt they would put in a transfer case like that. The RAM 1500 has 2 different transfer cases available based on model. 4WD Lock only in the Outdoorsman/tradesman which is much more solid than the transfer case in all the other models which has an auto 4wd option

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Might as well wait at this point on any potential JKU purchase. The JL/JLU is rumored to be debuting in just a couple of months at the Detroit auto show. That way you can make an informed decision between the JLU and JKU. And if you decide on the JKU at that point, dealers might be even more willing to deal since the new one's been announced.

Joe Camel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Charger, Planning for JLU
Powered sliding soft top would be convenient especially in places where the weather changes often but if the roof panels are like in the renderings and clay model concept they'll already be pretty convenient to remove and install.

4X4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door Sport S 4X4, 1956 Jeep CJ5
Powered sliding soft top would be convenient especially in places where the weather changes often but if the roof panels are like in the renderings and clay model concept they'll already be pretty convenient to remove and install.
i hope they still offer the manual soft top because i dont like power stuff the only power i like is horsepower

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In between Wranglers right now
i hope they still offer the manual soft top because i dont like power stuff the only power i like is horsepower
Same. Plus it introduces another mechanical failure prone part and also extra weight at the worst area of the car - way up high.

Sponsored

kiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Notice their has been no spy shots of the 2 door which will be the fun Wrangler of them all. A powered soft top will be great as long as the price is not to expensive.
I'm hoping this Wrangler will be built with right hand drive in mind as the JK has a terrible position for the left foot to rest and has stop me buying for years after my short ownership and very sore left hip if driving for anymore than short trips. My hip is 100% and run almost everyday but every time I look at a JK back comes a sore hip.

sportcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars? A Jeep isn't a "car"

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited by a moderator: