Black
ENGINE
3.0L V6 EcoDiesel
TRANSMISSION
8HP75 8sp Auto
PACKAGES
FarOut Edition
FACTORY OPTIONS
Black leather interior, heated seats, steering wheel and remote start, Alpine audio, all-weather floor mats, LED lighting
MODS - WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
Stock - 33" BFG KO2's
MODS - TIRE SIZE
Stock (Factory Tire Size)
MODS - SUSPENSION / CHASSIS
Stock
MODS - LIFT HEIGHT
Stock (Factory Height)
MODS - POWERTRAIN / DRIVETRAIN
Stock - I don't plan on modifying this except for a 4.10 regear once I get bigger tires on.
MODS - EXTERIOR
Mopar steel front bumper
Rugged Ridge Spartan rear bumper -full
Added 2 Badlands 18k shackles to rear bumper
Distressed US Flag on rear side windows
License plate relocation bracket from Amazon
MODS - ARMOR & PROTECTION
Stock - so far
MODS - LIGHTING
Stock - so far
MODS - RECOVERY EQUIPMENT
Badlands Apex 12K winch with synthetic line, Smittybilt 30k tow strap and some tools.
MODS - INTERIOR
Stock - so far
MODS - IN-CAR ELECTRONICS
Planned install of my Icon ID-5100 VHF/UHF radio as soon as I can get the JCR Overhead Molle rack
MODS - SOFTWARE / TUNE / PROGRAMMER
Stock - so far
HISTORY / EXPERIENCE / COMMENTS
This is my Jeep journal:

Mostly experience related, some personal notes.

10-22-23 - Purchased and took delivery. Drove 55 miles home in a torrential rainstorm. Fog lamps were a huge plus.

12-2&3-23 - I took it off-road to Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls, TX for some overnight camping and wheeling. My Jeep did great, but it could do better, or maybe it's just my limited off-road skills and confidence in its capabilities. I did get the BoH badge on the way though, so that's cool. I don't know where I'll put it on or if I even will.

12-17-23 - The more I drive this thing, the more I absolutely love it. The ride is amazing, and the heated seats and steering wheel are awesome, especially for my messed-up hip on longer trips. I'm fixing to take a 1,250mi road trip at the end of this week for Christmas and I can't wait to see how this does on long hauls.

1-18-24 - I now have 5,600 miles on the odometer and am absolutely in love with my Jeep. It rides great, drives great, has great road manners aside from being a little wobbly in really windy conditions. I took it back to Hidden Falls Adventure Park again and pushed my limits further and accidentally ended up completing a 4 and 5 diamond trail. I'm impressed to say the least. It ran and drove flawlessly on my Christmas trip to the east coast as well, and only required one extra fill up over the BMW I traded in for this. I still am drawing a blank as to what to name it though. :(

2-15-24 - I now have 5,937 miles on my Jeep and I've started to notice a sluggishness in engine response and 1st to 2nd gear shifting, typically when not fully warmed up. I usually let it warm up for around 5 minutes prior to driving when cold starting it. I purchased a quart of Prolube Oil treatment after seeing their videos online and am planning on adding some at the recommended initial amount of 1 ounce of Prolube per quart of engine oil, which in my case is 9 ounces, as the EcoDiesel requires 9 quarts of oil. I plan on recording the results. I have also noticed that the BFG KO2's have terrible wet braking capabilities. I have been shopping around for potential replacements and am currently considering the new Falken AT4W's or the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT's in 35's over the 33's. I still have not figured out what to name it yet. :(

2-24-24 - 6,190 mi and 37% oil life remaining. I have not put the Prolube in yet, but it's on my to-do list. Today I took my brother to Northwest OHV Park in Bridgeport, TX for the Badge of Honor Trail and let him do most of the driving. We ended up assisting someone who swamped their Mojave and had to be towed out. While sad and unfortunate for them, we did get to put that brand new Badlands Apex 12S winch to the test for the very first time and it worked beautifully, even pulling a heavier vehicle out of a mud hole. I was very impressed. We also managed to get ourselves stuck in a shallower but very slick muddy spot and my BFG KO2's decided to give me their best imitation of super slicks, so we had to perform a minor self-recovery. Again, the winch worked flawlessly. Also, after some extensive research, I have decided that when the time comes to buy new tires, I am going to buy 35" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T's. I don't like these KO2's. Tomorrow, I get to go blast 150lbs of mud off my Jeep at someone's self-serve carwash.

3-27-24 - 6,394 mi and 32% oil life remaining. It has come to my attention that I am no longer allowed to discuss Jeep related topics around my fiancée as she is tired of hearing it and doesn't share the passion. Kinda makes me sad that I can't share this with her. I went out today and did some quick errands around town and noticed it has started shifting a bit rough into 2nd gear when accelerating from a stop, but only noticed a few times, so maybe it's a cold thing and not a transmission thing. I did an oil check after parking it for about 30 minutes or so, oil level appears ok, so does the oil quality. No grittiness or fuel smell from it, and the oil still appears to have some life left in it as it has yet to appear dark and burnt. Still have not put the ProLube in, but it's in the back seat waiting to be used. I may just add 9oz in before the oil change and see if it makes any difference as I don't really see the point of adding it immediately following an oil and filter change. Maybe I'm wrong here but those are just my thoughts. Every time I drive this thing, it still makes me smile, which is more than I can say for any other car I've ever owned. I have officially owned this for just over 6 months and still love it as much, if not more than the day I bought it. I also will be in need of a new windshield at some point as I now have a crack that completely surrounds the Willys icon in the lower right corner from a rock chip. I still haven't come up with a good name for it yet. :(

4-24-24 - 6662 mi and 27% oil life remaining. Yea, I haven't driven it much due to work schedule. I checked the oil today, and it is noticeably darker and has started to smell burnt, so I am thinking I will take it in for its oil change soon. Still have not had the time to set up a camera and add the ProLube in yet, but I haven't forgotten. I can't wait for the weather to hit 90 degrees or better here in Texas so I can finally take the top off and doors off. I've been waiting for that day since I bought this thing and am chomping at the bit.

Item information

Added by
DubaiMarauder
Views
Last update

More in Rubicon Unlimited

Share this item