Sponsored

First 2019 Jeep Gladiator Pickup (JT Wrangler) Video! Testing With Crew Chief Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I don't foresee the Chief making it into production. With federal crash testing and pedestrian safety regulations it would be costly to make a special edition with a new front end/hood. Plus I think it will be a couple of years before demand slows down for the regular JT and they are sitting on dealer lots.
Sponsored

Dart Maul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Xterra, 2014 Dart
The pickup is the most exciting of the new models coming. Small trucks are cool. Not ideal for a real work truck, but for occasional hauling it's perfect. Old Jeep trucks are some of the coolest looking trucks ever, just look at this thing. Hope the Scrambler gets some unique styling from the Wrangler JL.

e0c39526db9bcf76fde1f287494711b2.jpg.jpg

TXmotoXGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Hemi Durango
What do y'all think the likelihood is of the JT having the manual transmission as an option?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
What do y'all think the likelihood is of the JT having the manual transmission as an option?
I think the odds are good, as it would remain a differentiator, but I think the odds are equal that it will still be matted to the Pentastar and not the diesel because of torque limits and to re-use parts from the JL bin to keep costs in line.

However if they get a proper tougher manual transmission like the bigger tremec and getrag transmissions and popped in behind the diesel, I think it would sell like crazy.
But what would be a great seller doesn't always become reality as seen in the lack of a Hemi in the JK.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.