Ordering vs. Dealer Stock Availability?

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
"And as a final statement, if this is your first Wrangler, then do it right, and make it uniquely YOUR Wrangler, with the features YOU want, not something the dealer picked. However, be sure your dealership knows how to submit an order, as many delays are cause due to buyer + dealer confusion, etc. Also dealer with experience with customer orders are usually better prepared for this, while others see it as a hassle."

Thats my plan...I want to make this my baby. I know my way around fixing up cars, so adding some stuff myself should be fun as well!! Cannot wait!
2 door or 4 ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
STL J-Hawk

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe

geospyder

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Mo" 2019 Mojito 2 Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
4 door. Need room for the kids and golf clubs!
My kids have kids and a couple of them have kids :) I'm going for the 2D. Even then I'll remove the rear seat and store it. If we need room for more passengers we use my wife's Acura MDX - in theory a 7 seater - in reality 5. With the rear seat removed there is plenty of room in the Rubi for camping gear. I am going upscale (leather, auto, etc.) on the JL since this may be my last car. I turn 75 next year and I usually keep my cars at least ten years or more. Going to seem strange driving an auto since all my life I've driven sticks. Even when I drive my wife's car I tend to reach for the shifter and usually end up with a water bottle :)

Dart Maul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Xterra, 2014 Dart
This will be my first Jeep, so other than a short test drive this past spring, I do not know what to expect. My dilemma is do I order one as soon as I can, or wait for dealer stock so I can see one in person, drive it and then get an idea of what I want on my new Jeep.

The concern with this is time...if I do not order one out of the gate when the order banks open, am I going to be waiting a long time if I wait to see one at the dealer first and then order? Thanks for helping this newbie out.
You could always place an order sight unseen but optioned the way you think you'll want it. Then go check them out when they start arriving at dealers and after checking them out if you change your mind and just can't live with how you spec'd out the ordered one, cancel the order and either place another order or search dealers for your new desired spec.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
You could always place an order sight unseen but optioned the way you think you'll want it. Then go check them out when they start arriving at dealers and after checking them out if you change your mind and just can't live with how you spec'd out the ordered one, cancel the order and either place another order or search dealers for your new desired spec.
Good suggestion. As long as you are not ordering something weird, I don't think a dealer would mind having an additional new JL in their inventory anyway. Assuming they are a volume dealer anyway.

Sponsored

OP
OP
STL J-Hawk

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good suggestion. As long as you are not ordering something weird, I don't think a dealer would mind having an additional new JL in their inventory anyway. Assuming they are a volume dealer anyway.
Both good suggestions...thanks for the input! I have also now been told by two different dealers here in STL that they can order a JLU right now. I emailed several to get info on deposits, etc. and now two have said this to me. I dont get it...there is no way you can order these yet.

OP
OP
STL J-Hawk

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what a dealer told me again this morning after I pressed them on how could they order them already:

"We have the ability to place the orders and spec them out now... The vehicle will still get placed as the first batch of 2018's that get built."

So sounds like you can order now, and just as soon as they start accepting orders and production starts your vehicle will be one of the first to roll of the line.

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Both good suggestions...thanks for the input! I have also now been told by two different dealers here in STL that they can order a JLU right now. I emailed several to get info on deposits, etc. and now two have said this to me. I dont get it...there is no way you can order these yet.
This is what a dealer told me again this morning after I pressed them on how could they order them already:

"We have the ability to place the orders and spec them out now... The vehicle will still get placed as the first batch of 2018's that get built."

So sounds like you can order now, and just as soon as they start accepting orders and production starts your vehicle will be one of the first to roll of the line.
No, those dealers are incorrect. 2018 JL Wrangler orders can NOT be placed right now.

Since this has happened to a few users already and probably more to come, we've posted up a sticky thread to clear up this confusion.

See - http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...ku-orders-for-next-gen-2018-jl-wrangler.1333/

Dart Maul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Xterra, 2014 Dart

Did you show them the admin's explanation as to why they're confused? LOL :giggle:

OP
OP
STL J-Hawk

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you show them the admin's explanation as to why they're confused? LOL :giggle:
No, although I probably should have....but didnt want to piss off a potential dealer where I might buy my new JLU.
Sponsored