Sponsored

Jeep Wrangler Pickup Truck (JT) Spy Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
Any guesses as to payload and towing capacity?
Sponsored

Taimaishu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Got to thinking...the JT Wrangler is where Jeep will make its fat margins off this next generation since I doubt JL sales will be that much more than JK sales.

And the JT is how Jeep will win new money from its competitors.

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Off-road capable truck from FCA. Doesn't that already exist with the Ram Rebel?

Otto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport (JK)
Off-road capable truck from FCA. Doesn't that already exist with the Ram Rebel?
Too big. A Wrangler pickup would be small-medium truck that's got all the off road capabilities of the Wrangler baked into it.

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Too big. A Wrangler pickup would be small-medium truck that's got all the off road capabilities of the Wrangler baked into it.
+1 FCA doesn't have a midsize offering in the US or Canada. And a Jeep Pickup should be really competitive against the Tacoma, Colorado, GMC, and Frontier which are all experiencing strong sales.

Sponsored

Chanchan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Discovery
Are they not going to be changing the proportions for the pickup? It looks like a full JKU with a stretched wheelbase and 6 ft bed. It's Yuuge!

Yellow jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 jeep wrangler
My next jeep will be a jeep pickup if it,s not made to look stupid.It should be made to be more like the 2005 Gladiator.No four doors like every other company is going to make.Stick with the 2005 design an I will buy one.

Superwinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon, Yamaha Raptor 660
Are they not going to be changing the proportions for the pickup? It looks like a full JKU with a stretched wheelbase and 6 ft bed. It's Yuuge!
Doesn't look that huge. It'll still be a mid sized pickup and smaller than the smallest Ram truck. And there'll be a 2 door version if the 4 door version is too long for ya. Just hasn't been spied yet I think.

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
2 Door For Me:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wrangler Pickup Truck (JT) Spy Pics! {filename}

This thing reminds me of the Scrambler.

I think the JT will be more in the spirit of the Scrambler rather than the larger Gladiator. Probably won't have class leading payload and towing capacity but should be more than enough to compliment the lifestyles of Wrangler owners.

Dart Maul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Xterra, 2014 Dart
This thing reminds me of the Scrambler.

I think the JT will be more in the spirit of the Scrambler rather than the larger Gladiator. Probably won't have class leading payload and towing capacity but should be more than enough to compliment the lifestyles of Wrangler owners.

Not familiar with older Jeeps so had to look up what a Scrambler is. Looks like a fun little truck but the bed on the spied prototype is definitely longer. And not unibody.

Sponsored

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
Yea I dont think thats the final bed as 1) the fenders dont line up well with the font ones, and 2) I would expect the bed to have removable fenders similar to AEV Brute.
Just looking back at these pics and not only do the fenders not line up well (tires stick out way too much) but the wheel wells shape and position aren't right either. And still can't believe we haven't gotten a second more updated prototype sighting yet :(

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
And still can't believe we haven't gotten a second more updated prototype sighting yet :(
I'm thinking testing might have been pushed back since the production date's been pushed back a year.

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
Just looking back at these pics and not only do the fenders not line up well (tires stick out way too much) but the wheel wells shape and position aren't right either. And still can't believe we haven't gotten a second more updated prototype sighting yet :(
I don't think the JT pickup tires will sit flush or inward of the fenders. I think they'll stick out for an aggressive look. Look at this Gladiator concept, the tires on it stuck out plenty.

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
Keep in mind that the prototype doesn't have any flares on the bed, which I would guarantee the production model will have. If you pull the flares off the back of a JK even the stock tire stick out from the body - same thing here.

fmjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 1500, '16 Charger R/T, '13 Commando JK
Everyone keep in mind. The bed on this spied truck is NOT a Jeep bed. It is a 5'7" Ram bed. Nothing about this vehicle from the cab back will look like this as a production model so don't spin your wheels to much trying to reason with the flushness of the rears or the alignment in the wheel well. They just slapped a Ram bed on it for a test ride,
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.