Sponsored

Update: 2018-2019 JL Wrangler Timeline Schedule (2DR JL & 2.0L Delay, Powertop & Diesel Dates, Etc)

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Well, then you are referring to something that jeep isn't producing...
If you read the manual, you would see they already have convertible top symbols in it, but the power soft top is not set for production until May. Which is why there's probably a separate manual just for the convertible top.

No vehicle with sliding tops have convertible icons just to show that the top is open. It's pretty damn obvious your sunroof is open, but convertibles on the other hand would benefit from icons indicating whether you fully open or closed the top for safety reasons. In my Mustang, my dash would let me know if I did not completely drop the top before driving off.
topmanu.jpg

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
If you read the manual, you would see they already have convertible top symbols in it, but the power soft top is not set for production until May. Which is why there's probably a separate manual just for the convertible top.

No vehicle with sliding tops have convertible icons just to show that the top is open. It's pretty damn obvious your sunroof is open, but convertibles on the other hand would benefit from icons indicating whether you fully open or closed the top for safety reasons. In my Mustang, my dash would let me know if I did not completely drop the top before driving off.
topmanu.jpg
Like I said. Sure, we'll see... Btw, this is from the 2011 Jeep liberty with the sky slider top.... Notice the same convertible icons.
Screenshot_20171015-205324.png

Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Like I said. Sure, we'll see... Btw, this is from the 2011 Jeep liberty with the sky slider top.... Notice the same convertible icons.
Screenshot_20171015-205324.png
Oh... my... god... I hope to God this isn't true. I've been looking forward to a real convertible top for so long!!!

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Stop using Logic and Reason.. I came here for an Argument !

Jeep Wrangler JL Update: 2018-2019 JL Wrangler Timeline Schedule (2DR JL & 2.0L Delay, Powertop & Diesel Dates, Etc) {filename}

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
So I'm confused. Is the Power Sliding Top the same thing as the rumored powered soft top? I was thinking they were 2 different things. Cause that thing ain't what I'm looking for. But that's ok. It just means I will stick with the manual soft top.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
So I'm confused. Is the Power Sliding Top the same thing as the rumored powered soft top? I was thinking they were 2 different things. Cause that thing ain't what I'm looking for. But that's ok. It just means I will stick with the manual soft top.
Yes, the powered sliding top is the powered soft top.

Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Just called my dealer and they will be taking orders at the end of the month. We will find out soon!!

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Looking at the Timeline if I was to order a JL with the hardtop only available would I be safe in saying that I could purchase a soft top later? I mean is there any benefit to buying the Dual top group? I don't want to wait for the Dual top group to come out

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the Timeline if I was to order a JL with the hardtop only available would I be safe in saying that I could purchase a soft top later? I mean is there any benefit to buying the Dual top group? I don't want to wait for the Dual top group to come out
Certainly you could do it. If not from Mopar, the aftermarket will have them ready pretty quickly. People will buy JL's and will get torn tops that need to be replaced. They'll also want some different options. I'd bet that by January 1, Quadratec and others will have them available for purchase. If not by then, certainly by early spring. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the dual top option, even though it won't go into production until a little later. Otherwise, I'll wait and see what premium soft tops are offered. If they have a nice one, with thicker cloth or even some kind of insulation, I may just skip the hard top all together.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I mean by the time the JL comes out I would still be using the hardtop I'm just tired of waiting

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
I'm still puzzled why Jeep would sell the JL at first without a softop. They obviously exist in the owners manual.
Sponsored