Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I thought the long clutch sucked on the 6 speeds. I'll take the 9 speed auto in a heartbeat.
The 9-speed sucks, and wouldn’t be strong enough to go into the JT, the 8-speed is just fine for the job though and has existing truck cred that the 9-speed does not.
Sponsored

Uscolt45

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Renegade
If the 9 speed is the same as the one in my wife’s jeep, I hate that thing. There is a lot of hesitation when accelerating, you have five seconds to decide if you really want to make it drop a gear lol. It also seems to have terrible shift points, the gear shift when you change it to the “manual option” it is upside down. You push forward to go down a gear. Counter intuitive for me and the other shiftable automatics I’ve driven.

Sometimes I’ll be driving around a 40 mph area and shift it into manual mode and it will have me in ninth gear. If they had a two wheel drive “sport” setting that could fix things. Last winter while trying out the 4WD modes, sand was a blast. High RPM shift points that line up better with my driving. Unfortunately I don’t believe it will let me select any of those options and stay in 2WD.

JeepDrvr2018

First Name
Montgomery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Retired Master Certified RV Tech
Order banks are open, however, they don't have all the stuff listed as indicated in this forum. The 8.4" Nav/Audio is not listed as an option on the Rubicon trim level. My guess is FCJ is still getting it act together. There are no prices listed on any of the items available, even the base vehicle is not priced yet. Talked to the boss of the dealership, their factory rep is coming back out here on 11-1-2017 to update them on all the stuff. They said no JLU's until January earliest. However, they have 4 on order, they are supposed to call me when they arrive.

There also is no information on the individual options as you go down the order blank/screen. So don't know what safety group; electronics Infotainment group is. Additionally, no technical specifications on rear end options, gear ratio, engines, etc.
Thought you would all want to know I got this info and a print out sort of today while my 2013 JKU Sahara is having oil change and brake flush. They found mice had eaten the wiring harness so there is another 200 dollars I am going to spend for them to fix that. A new harness would be 1500 installed. Not going to spend that money when going to get new one next year maybe.

ERAUGrad04

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1956 Oval VW, Model X
Order banks are open, however, they don't have all the stuff listed as indicated in this forum. The 8.4" Nav/Audio is not listed as an option on the Rubicon trim level. My guess is FCJ is still getting it act together. There are no prices listed on any of the items available, even the base vehicle is not priced yet. Talked to the boss of the dealership, their factory rep is coming back out here on 11-1-2017 to update them on all the stuff. They said no JLU's until January earliest. However, they have 4 on order, they are supposed to call me when they arrive.

There also is no information on the individual options as you go down the order blank/screen. So don't know what safety group; electronics Infotainment group is. Additionally, no technical specifications on rear end options, gear ratio, engines, etc.
Thought you would all want to know I got this info and a print out sort of today while my 2013 JKU Sahara is having oil change and brake flush. They found mice had eaten the wiring harness so there is another 200 dollars I am going to spend for them to fix that. A new harness would be 1500 installed. Not going to spend that money when going to get new one next year maybe.
What I've heard is the "Infotainment" option is the 8.4" screen.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.