Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL DROPS MAJOR CAMO, REVEALING NEARLY ALL!

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
New shots. The Unlimited seems to have a green A pillar. Could this be the new green for the 18 JL?

C3EC7448-56D7-4E47-A2B1-CF7D9880D2C0.jpeg

63577244-96F0-45B3-942E-B6EC405FD828.jpeg
Would anyone know why the A pillar is green but the top of the windshield is painted black? Could this be a design cue?
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
So I saw something very strange today. I might be obesssed with the jl to the point of hallucinating. We were coming back from breakfast and crossing the direction we were going was a jeep. A four door. Not the tan and not the Gobi color somewhere in between. Top off. Like a soft top bikini top on I saw the words
sport on the side. So I just thought ah nice looking jk. But them I looked again and thought hmm the hood looks different and so does the door line The door line looked like the old square headlight yj model where there was a lithe triangle shaped part of the door off the front at the window line instead of the horizontal line of the jk. Everything was just off enough so that I was left with the impression that it wasn't a
jku. It has bothered me all day I swear. I might be loosing it.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
No, billet silver is one of the darkest silver car colors. You are looking at gray cars. I had a billet silver 2014 Cherokee and it was a lot darker than my friends brilliant silver Nissan and all GM silver shades

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
I guess it all depends on how you have your camera adjusted.

This is also a pic of Bullet Silver ...

billet2.jpg

Sponsored

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel
download.jpg
sorry guys only 1 car ever looked good in silver the rest fail just my opinion

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
download.jpg
sorry guys only 1 car ever looked good in silver the rest fail just my opinion
I had a Pontiac Solstice that looked really good in silver. I think silver gives a high tech look. Not my fav, but it can look good. It doesn't show scratches, so that's a plus.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Looking good!

But.....the back up camera is mounted on the spare wheel? Not only does that seem like a last minute and forgotten add on but no chance of a spare tire cover? Always liked the hard body coloured spare tire cover like the Polar Edition. How would that work now.
Aftermarket spare tire cover with holes for the camera?....Aftermarket ability to reposition the camera.....? These are the kinds of relatively small details the aftermarket, if not FCA, will deal with post release I hope and believe.

Last edited:

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I understand some of what you're pointing at, but can you elaborate on the last two pictures in terms of what's appealing? Also with the second photo, I get that the fuel door and the unlock button on the rear door are appealing - what's the appeal in the taillight? Just new and different?
Perhaps the devices at either end of the rear bumper deploy tire flattening devices/when necessary cluster bombs to enable the JL/JLU/JT to evade capture (wink).

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
What's with the old school antenna? Is there no where to put a bee stinger (which I prefer to shark fin style)?
With windshields that seem to lower (we've seen hinges) and tops that may come off, updating the type of and location of an antenna may have been tricky.
Sponsored