Sponsored

Update: 2018-2019 JL Wrangler Timeline Schedule (2DR JL & 2.0L Delay, Powertop & Diesel Dates, Etc)

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

4/11/18 UPDATE: 2018-2019 MY Changeover (Fleet)

2018 MY Fleet Order Cutoff Date: 7/19/18
2018 MY Build Out Dates: 10/27/18
2018 MY Final PSP Dates: 095
Estimated 2019 MY Order Acceptance Date: 9/13/18
Estimated 2019 MY Job 1 Date: 10/29/18

Production Average Lead Times.png

=============================================================================================
Today, we're sharing a major update on the 2018-19 JL/JLU Wrangler timeline along with some interesting notes. The dates listed are straight from FCA but I'm going to emphasize that a few of the items below required interpretation (and assumptions) based on the info and materials presented. By and large however, what you see here is what is currently planned by corporate.

Please note that as of last week FCA is determining the feasibility of pulling forward the 11/13/17 launch date ahead by two weeks to 10/30/17. If this happens the other dates will be impacted as well.

As always, events further out in time are more likely to change. I would guess the 3.0L diesel date will be pushed ahead in time from what is shown in this chart, but that remains to be seen.

* The following chart is not official and has been created by JLWF to illustrate our info.

JL-Wrangler-Timeline-by-JLWranglerForums-small.jpg

The timing of the 3.6L ESS and 2.0L BSG seems to align with the information we posted a few days prior regarding the JL's entry engine. I've copied it here for reference:

Judging by the info we have, the 3.6L manual will be the entry level base engine / transmission. If you are unfamiliar with the current JK packagaging here is an illustration:

01.jpg

Dealers were allowed to place JL ghost orders (no pricing) at the FCA dealer meeting we reported. Assuming what FCA previewed reflects the final packaging, it showed:
  • 3.6L manual will be the $0 cost entry configuration (i.e. 23G).
  • 2.0L (auto only) will be the 24G upcharge. On the JK, the 24G simply adds auto for $1400. Remains to be seen what a new engine/auto will add here.
  • 3.6L auto will be a clickable option on all trims and door configurations, like adding a tech group or hard top.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: kmj

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Last edited:

DarthMall

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner 4x4, Mazda B2500
Vehicle Showcase
The timing of the 3.6L ESS and 2.0L BSG seems to align with the information we posted a few days prior regarding the JL's entry engine. I've copied it here for reference:

Judging by the info we have, the 3.6L manual will be the entry level engine/transmission. If you are unfamiliar with the current JK packagaging here is an illustration:

01.jpg

Dealers were allowed to place JL ghost orders (no pricing) at the FCA dealer meeting we reported. Assuming what FCA previewed reflects the final packaging, it showed:
  • 2.0L (auto only) will be the 24G upcharge. On the JK, the 24G simply adds auto for $1400. Remains to be seen what a new engine/auto will add here.
  • 3.6L auto will be a clickable option on all trims and door configurations, like adding a tech group or hard top.
So does this confirm that the V6 will come standard with the manual or am I reading this wrong? If so that is very good news.

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel
wow no rhd till dec2018 looks like ive got so long to save my pennies i wont need a loan bugger

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Today, we're sharing a major update on the 2018-19 JL/JLU Wrangler timeline along with some interesting notes. The dates listed are straight from FCA but I'm going to emphasize that a few of the items below required interpretation (and assumptions) based on the info and materials presented. By and large however, what you see here is what is currently planned by corporate.

Please note that as of last week FCA is determining the feasibility of pulling forward the 11/13/17 launch date ahead by two weeks to 10/30/17. If this happens the other dates will be impacted as well.

As always, events further out in time are more likely to change. I would guess the 3.0L diesel date will be pushed ahead in time from what is shown in this chart, but that remains to be seen.

JL-Wrangler-Timeline-by-JLWranglerForums-small.jpg

Judging by the info we have, the 3.6L manual will be the entry level engine/transmission. If you are unfamiliar with the current JK packagaging here is an illustration:

01.jpg

Is the timeline image something you created or is that an actual FCA document? If an actual FCA document, is the image in the background your rendering, or is that an official image? I am assuming it is a document you created and your rendering, but thought I would confirm.

Sponsored

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Is "Launch Date" paper launch or actual deliveries to dealers / customers?

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
So, it looks like for 2018, the 3.6 will be ESS, while the 2.0 will be BSG, but then in '19, it will be a 3.6 BSG. I believe I saw in some other posts that the BSG/ESS can go used in conjunction with the other, so what can we make of this info?

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
Well if that job 1 for RHD is accurate I guess I will be getting another jk for a while.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
"IF" Heavily Discounted JKs are offered at production end, then you can reasonably expect Trade In values of JKs, especially 2doors, to drop accordingly.
The Equity (value retained) has been stellar, up to this point. If FCA offers " Loyalty" discounts to JK trade-ins, that would help .
Climbing the Hill to being able to afford a JL is getting Steeper...

Sponsored

phcn

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2002 KJ liberty/cherokee 2.5 crd sport+ (sold) - Jeep 2015 BU Renegade 1.4 multiair2 longitude - Jeep 2018 BU Renegade 1.6 Etorque South Beach
There is no mention of the 2.2 diesel for export in the timeline (except in the nota). Have you more info about this engine?

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Is the timeline image something you created or is that an actual FCA document? If an actual FCA document, is the image in the background your rendering, or is that an official image? I am assuming it is a document you created and your rendering, but thought I would confirm.
* The chart is not official and has been created by JLWF to illustrate our info.

The background images used are our previously posted renderings.

JLWF-1.jpg

JLWF-2.jpg
Sponsored