Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Hits Dealer System - 1st Official Look @ Engines, Options, Packages, Features!

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I was hoping they would have red leather seats! Thought this would be an option considering the spied mule had a red dash but that may be a match to the exterior paint.

Also on seats what's the difference between AL-X9 and CL-X9?
Sponsored

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
No jeep-esque greens, anvil/rhino, dark/navy blue, deep/dark red....boooo
And wtf is nacho!?!

But I can't complain about and really like the 32.7" 285/70R17 tire option! woooo-hoooo

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Does this mean the sport will finally be able to get body colored top and fenders without having to get a Sahara? If so, all I need is a Sport with a color top (fenders will be replaced anyway) , apple car play, the biggest screen I can get, a remote start, and heated windows. Seats and color doesn't matter cause I'm going aftermarket with that anyway and so with everything else. I'll decide engine options once I hear more numbers on them..Oh yeah, can't forget, 8 speed auto of course. :giggle: That's what I NEED, anything else will be after I hear more details.

StefanV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and waiting for JLU
I really hope they don't jack up the price on these things more than they have with the JK, although I fear we will see a much higher MSRP and quite a bit of a mark up with any of the options listed.
They will increase the prices. At least in Romania, where I live. At the moment, a base (i.e. no extras) JKU Rubicon is about 46.5K EUR and the importer confirmed that the price will increase substantially. There is a small chance that they only say that in order to sell the existing stock, but I doubt it... Wranglers don't stay for too long at dealers.

drkreeves

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Sport 2dr
They will increase the prices. At least in Romania, where I live. At the moment, a base (i.e. no extras) JKU Rubicon is about 46.5K EUR and the importer confirmed that the price will increase substantially. There is a small chance that they only say that in order to sell the existing stock, but I doubt it... Wranglers don't stay for too long at dealers.
I fear that even the sport base model 4d will be 34+, sport with auto, hard top etc 37+ , special editions (willy's, freedom etc.) will be 40+.

Personally I'd like to see and purchase the JT, but I'm willing to bet it will be priced even higher and out of my range.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Amazing to see the diesel listed. I hope this means with the EPAs approval they moved it up the availability.

Can someone explain why the Select Trac is only on Sahara but not Rubicon? Maybe the Rubicon will come with this standard?

Why multiple leathers with the same description but different part numbers?

Also what a bummer on the 3pc hard top .... looks like the JK hard top will carry over as that thing is a PIA to take off.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Here's the engines confirmation page :rock:

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-JLU-JT-IMG_4011.jpg

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
So Milous PLEASE chime in and clarify, is the select trac standard on Sahara but available as an option on other trims? Also is the 3 piece hard top any different than the current one?

Sponsored

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Amazing to see the diesel listed. I hope this means with the EPAs approval they moved it up the availability.

Can someone explain why the Select Trac is only on Sahara but not Rubicon? Maybe the Rubicon will come with this standard?

Why multiple leathers with the same description but different part numbers?

Also what a bummer on the 3pc hard top .... looks like the JK hard top will carry over as that thing is a PIA to take off.

So Milous PLEASE chime in and clarify, is the select trac standard on Sahara but available as an option on other trims? Also is the 3 piece hard top any different than the current one?
Remember from dealers meeting with FCA, the power hard top will be offered on late 2018 JLs, so no need to panic about the hardtop not being redesigned.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-JLU-JT-IMG_4011.jpg

:tumbleweed::dance::rock::clap::fingerscrossed::involve::please::beer::champagne:

:jk:

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I'd appreciate it if someone would tell us whether the hard top is/is not removable in panels. Every leak says "3 pc hardtop" and a storage bag for hard top panels is not an option so I'm guessing it's a no.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Not 100% on this yet, but the latest info we have is:
  • Sport and Sahara will get Command-Trac as standard
  • Sahara will get Selec-Trac as an option
  • Rubicon will get Rock-Trac
As for the hard top, even if the 3-piece Freedom top retains the same basic exterior and functional design, I would expect a redesign at least with respect to the top's interior release mechanism, given what we've seen in spy photos of the overhead console which show a different latch system.

Remember from dealers meeting with FCA, the power hard top will be offered on late 2018 JLs, so no need to panic about the hardtop not being redesigned.
And this. I would expect to see the power sliding hard top at some point. It's still early and there's some obvious missing items in the system.

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Yeah, sounds like it's going to be Dozen reborn. "Nacho" cheese is usually more gold-yellow than orange anyway. I can't believe they named it "Nacho" though... I mean, really???
Yea Nacho has say color code (PY5) as Dozer. I don't mind the name, it's unique and easy to remember :)

For anyone who doesn't remember what Dozer looked like.

60881897.jpg

upwings_Dozer2012.jpg

200cx1g.jpg
Sponsored